Image Map

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Where I've Been

The post it note this blog post is coming to you from is dated 8/26/15.  Yeah, I've been holding on to it for almost a month and am finally putting my fingers to the keys to share it.

The month of August was spent enjoying cold beer and seeing Tyler Farr perform at the fair, catching another cold (second one this summer, womp womp) and then being on vacation in the northwoods camping for a week.  All of that led to three weeks of no workouts, one week of horrible food choices (every. dang. meal.), no tracking, and no water (lots of Mountain Dew).

September has started off in much of the same way unfortunately.  I did get back to Body Pump and threw in a run here and there but did not get back to tracking or chugging water.  And last week I was in California visiting my girl Chelsea which was fantastic and much too short of a visit.

But now we're here, I'm home and it's time to get completely back on track!

I met with a personal trainer with my friend Flora (cheaper rate for a 2-on-1 appointment) at the end of August and was so sore!  Like, holy cow, never again will I double up personal training with Body Pump in one night.  I am looking forward to more appointments once Flora is back from vacation.

Speaking of Flora, we're going to be workout buddies!  Even when she can't make it due to work or what not it still pushes me to get to the gym because in a way I want her to have that fear of missing out.  I mean that in the best way possible of course. I want her to join me at the gym and make her fitness a priority in her life.  And I know she wants that too.

Three goals to focus on for the rest of the month.  1) 64oz of water a day!  2) Track with Weight Watchers!  3) Figure out a plan! How should I use my PP for the day?  What meals fit into that plan?  And GO TO THE GROCERY STORE!  (Still struggling with that, a lot!)

SW: 224.4
July 24: 214.6
July 31: 217.7 (+3.1)
August 7: ?? No weigh in
August 14: 217.0 (-0.7)
August 21: ?? No weigh in (Camping)
August 28: 218.2 (+1.2)
September 4: 217.2 (-1.0)
September 11: 217.6 (+0.4)
September 18: ?? No weigh in (California)

Those weigh ins certainly speak for themselves.  Not being focused on making healthy changes in my life has led to some weight gain.  Like I said earlier though, time to get back on track!!



post signature

7 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I'm trying to get back on track myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Being on track during vacation is hard, but I feel like sometimes the more you go "off the rails" the more appealing it is to buckle down and start being healthier again once you get back. Time to go grocery shopping and get back to it (not Monday, today!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just remember every day is a new day and a new chance to try again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! Vacation makes things hard. I have found that people make a ton of progress in the 'in between' times...between summer and Christmas, and between New Years and May.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! Great job getting that accountability partnership going with Flora.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun Summer + Sickness + Vacation = a recipe for weight gain! Cut yourself some slack! I bet even just a year ago you wouldn't have even thought twice about what you were eating and how it affected your weight loss goals. Just being aware of it all is half the battle! You're doing great! (P.S. We weigh close to the same, so I'll be following you on BlogLovin' for some fellow blogger/weight watcher inspiration!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back!!! I am trying to stick on the WW train.. keep falling off but getting back on... Good Luck

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my readers. I read every one and do my best to respond to you via email or on your blog.