Image Map

Monday, January 6, 2014

Blogger Book Club is BACK!

Today has so many things going for it and none of them seem particularly good. It's Monday. It's the first Monday after the holidays AND the start of a new month {work will probably be crazy}. It's -25 freaking degrees outside and then lets add in the wind chill so it feels like -50! None of these things sound good to me at all and let's top it off with I still have to work today because "we don't close due to weather." Yeah, I received that email at the end of last week from my employer.

Don't get me wrong, I am thankful to have a job but sometimes I wish my job wasn't deemed so necessary. A day off to stay safe at home and not need to brave the frigid temperatures would be nice right about now. Even working from home would be a huge improvement over having to actually drive to work!

And by now I'm sure everyone is tired of hearing about the weather because based on my Twitter feed it's pretty cold all over the country. So let's move on shall we?

The Best of Intentions

After taking a month off Blogger Book Club is back! The lovely Miss Kay who blogs over at The Best of Intentions announced this morning that January's book club book is going to be The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty. It sounds good! I can't wait to get my hands on it. The link up to share your review is going to be Friday, January 31st. Happy reading!

Stay safe and warm today people. If you have the day off enjoy it and be thankful. If you're working I feel your pain and you are not alone. With that I'm off to get ready for work {how bundled up can I get?!} so I have time to let my car warm up for a good 15 {or more} minutes before I need to hit the deserted road.

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Toooooooooooooooooo cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... and book club?! Sounds fun! I may have to join in once I catch up on all the reads I have planned right now

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right - it is way too cold!! And Mondays are just no fun!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my readers. I read every one and do my best to respond to you via email or on your blog.