Image Map

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Liebster Award Take Two

As I was checking my email this morning I came across an email from Lisa (she guest posted for me while I was on vacation) letting me know I was nominated for the Liebster Award.

This is actually my second (maybe even third) nomination so I'm going to refer you back to the post I did in January on it.  You can read my 11 random facts about me there.  But I will answer the questions Lisa asked below.

1. How did you meet your spouse/significant other? Well friends I am single like a Pringle and ready to mingle.  There have been a small handful of guys in my life since my last relationship ended over 2 years ago but nothing serious.  Still waiting for Mr. Right to come around.

2. What's your favorite place to vacation? The place I vacation to the most and truly enjoy is the great north woods of Wisconsin.  Here it is not uncommon to hear people describe what they did on the weekend as, "I went up north."  My family doesn't do as much camping as we would like but we still try to get up north a time or two in the summer or early fall.  I enjoy spending my time fishing with my dad or just hanging out at the camper reading a good book outside.  Camping is a great vacation for us because the whole family, Bo included, can enjoy it.

3. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?  Meh I hate this question.  I never had a dream job in my head when I was younger.  I always said teacher just because it wasn't something too crazy and it was an answer that made people stop asking me what I wanted to be.

4. Snow: Love it or hate it?  Such a tough question!  I enjoy snowmobiling in the winter months so without snow I can't do that which means I want snow. I do not enjoy driving while it is snowing and road conditions aren't the greatest.  And times like now, when it should be warming up but yet we continue to have snow falling from the sky I'm not really a big fan.  So maybe it is safe to say I have a love/hate relationship with snow?

5. Favorite movie?  I can never pick just one favorite movie.  Right now I am loving Pitch Perfect.  I watched it twice in Maryland with Chelsea and since I bought a copy for myself on Saturday I have watched it three times.

6. Favorite TV show?  Oye!  Another tough question.  If you know me you know I have a DVR that I am usually in constant worry about not being able to record all of my shows.  I watch far too much TV!  Here's just a few shows I watch off the top of my head: NCIS, 90210, Teen Mom 2, The Vampire Diaries, Nikita, The Big Bang Theory, and Grey's Anatomy.

7. Favorite blog?  Jeez Lisa, tough questions! :)  I truly do not have a favorite blog.  But I recently discovered That's What She Read (way to go Allie with your in-post sponsor spot!) and have been following ever since.  Jen from That's What She Read is a gal after my own heart with her book reviews.  I love to read so I have been addicted to her book reviews because I am always looking for new books to read and it makes me want to get back to working on my own book reviews.

8. Where did you go to college and what made you decide on that particular school?  I attended three colleges total during my college career.  I decided on University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point (UWSP) to receive my degree from because they offered an awesome program with University of Wisconsin - Marathon County (UWMC) that would allow me to stay at home and work part time while going to school full time.  Essentially, the professors from UWSP commuted to me rather than the other way around.  I never once had to attend classes on campus at UWSP which saved me a lot of money on gas and allowed me to work more hours because I had a 5 minute commute to work from school rather than a 30+ minute commute.

9. What do you do for a living?  I am currently in an entry level position where I do a lot of data entry.  I work with banks so I am keying amounts on checks, Money Orders, etc. as well as account and routing numbers from those documents as well.  That's the basics of my job.  I have a hard time explaining it to people...

10. Opinion on reality TV? Well if you noticed in my favorite TV shows list above I mentioned Teen Mom 2 so obviously I'm okay with reality TV.  I watch it and enjoy it.  Dancing With The Stars just started again on Monday so add another show to the list.

11. Do you prefer going to the gym or working out from home?  I prefer the gym.  I find it much more difficult to workout at home.  There are too many distractions for me (TV, books...) and even though I sometimes struggle to get myself to go the gym I find it easier to complete a whole workout at the gym because I can't just quit and go back to being a couch potato quite as easily.

Hope you enjoyed getting to know a little bit more about me!  Thanks Lisa for nominating me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my readers. I read every one and do my best to respond to you via email or on your blog.