But with the start of a new month comes a time to reflect and set some new goals. I surprised myself a little bit with how I ended up doing with my February goals.
- No soda at work & 64oz of water. I didn't do well with this goal. Whether I succeed or fail at this goal is all about willpower because I can drink 76-80oz of water no problem these days if I skip the soda. I would definitely say I had soda at work more often than not and as a result I definitely did not have 64oz of water a day.
- Body Pump every week. Done! I went to my usual Monday night class three times and tried a 5:30p Wednesday class. I did not try the 4:30p Wednesday class, or try two classes in one week but those were bonus points had I done them so not required to earn a check for this goal. It feels so good to be able to check this goal off of the list!
- Hit the gym 2x/week. I only accomplished this one week. The rest of the month I was just lazy and only went once. Here again it is all about willpower to overcome the urge to sit around and be lazy.
- Be up and out of bed by 6am at least 3x/week. I didn't do a good job of tracking whether I accomplished this goal every week or not so I'll give it a half check. I know I was better at this earlier in the month than I was the last week or so.
- Take makeup off before bed every night. Here again I didn't do a good job of tracking whether this was accomplished but if memory serves me right I did a pretty good job of this. I may have skipped a night here and there but they were pretty few and far between.
- No soda at work & 64oz of water. I know that I can check this one off the list this month.
- Hit the gym 2x/week. Another goal I didn't check of last month that I just know I can if I buckle down and actually try.
- Meal plan and prep Monday nights. I have a good hour at home after work before I have to leave for Body Pump. Rather than spending it watching Dr. Phil I can decide what I will eat for the week and make a grocery list. And it has sort of become some what normal for me to make a stop some where after Body Pump on Monday nights so making a stop at the grocery store a regular weekly thing won't be hard at all. This month I really just want to work on actually buying food to eat for the week. Recently I have been living off of frozen waffles and other items that I can hang onto for a long time. But I am tired of seeing all of the amazing food pics on Instagram and blogs while missing out on the fun. Plus real food tastes so much better.
- Blog 2x/week. I started strong in February that first week but then I obviously quickly fizzled out. Blogging is a hobby that I enjoy but not one that I take a lot of time for. Here's to changing that this month.
Do you set new goals every month or do you repeat some from the month before?