Image Map

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Influenster: Go Vox Box

About a month ago I was lucky enough to receive the Go Vox Box from Influenster. Not sure what that means? In a nutshell I was selected to receive a box full of goodies for free to try them out. If you want to know more ask me. I can even send you an invite if you want to get in on the fun!


The PROFOOT Triad Orthotic you see up there I put into the Nike shoes I wear for every day stuff when I'm not wearing flip flops or sandals. {Now that summer is here that isn't very often at all.} I thought they gave a little extra cushioning to my feet and were comfortable to wear all day. Only thing is I think I could have used a slightly bigger insert because it was supposed to cushion the balls of my feet and it seemed like it was stopping just short of mine. Other than that I really have no complaints but I didn't wear them enough to really notice a difference in my body. {They're supposed to help with knee, leg or back pain.}


I've been meaning to give the PROFOOT Pedi-Rock a try but just haven't gotten around to it. I want to try it out in the shower after my feet have had some time to soften up but every time I remember it's sitting on my dining table after I'm in the shower. It seems like a great way to keep the feet looking great in between pedicures so I'm definitely going to give it a shot some day!

On that same note, the Aqua Spa Relax Bath Soak that I got is another item that I've been meaning to try but just haven't gotten around to it. I haven't soaked in a bath since I had chicken pox in elementary school. Maybe this weekend after I get a corkscrew to open that new bottle of wine I bought I'll have a glass and a soak.

The Playtex Sport Fresh Balance tampons were alright. Honestly, as long as we're talking plastic applicators {which it has} I don't really notice much of a difference between different brands. It did it's job and that's all that matters really.

I've never been a big fan of eating nuts and the only kind I really do snack on every once in a great while are honey roasted peanuts. That being said, the Blue Diamond Fruit Flavored Almonds {blueberry in my case} have gone unopened. I will probably give them to my mom as she does like almonds and maybe I'll try one or two. I'm not a fan of blueberries either so I really don't expect to like them but I'm okay with being pleasantly surprised.

Ah the Muller Greek Yogurt another item that I wasn't worried about trying right away {and still haven't}. I absolutely love the idea of yogurt, a healthy snack that can even serve as a cool treat in the summer or dessert when craving something sweet. That being said, my taste buds just do not like yogurt. I've tried different brands over the years and nothing changes it. I even tried to make myself eat a container once because of a UTI I had and it was recommended by the doctor. It didn't work out so well. The more I tried to eat it the more I hated it. Again, I'll probably give the coupon to my mom to give it a try. She's been stocking yogurt in her fridge for herself and my brother to snack on. Maybe they'll find a new brand they'll like.


And finally we get to The Vitamin Shoppe Next Step shakes. My first attempt with almond milk {first time trying that too} on the left came out really chunky. I learned though that it just takes a lot more shaking because my last attempt on the right came out much better. I hardly drank any of the berry mix due to the chunks and I drank most of the chocolate mix. This was my first time trying any sort of mix like this so I don't have anything to compare it to but I found even when well mixed there was a funny after taste. I also tried mixing the french vanilla flavor with cold water as the packet instructed. That did absolutely nothing for me. Again it tasted okay as I was drinking it but then that after taste it and I thought it was worse with water than with the almond milk. Is this just me or do other people notice this too?

Overall I was really please with the items I received. Maybe if I wasn't so gosh darn picky when it comes to what I eat I would have some new favorite snack items. Can't wait until my next vox box!


post signature

2 comments:

  1. I've definitely gotten boxes where I don't try some of the stuff right away...or ever... in fact I just found a face mask when I was packing/unpacking. I should maybe use that today.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my readers. I read every one and do my best to respond to you via email or on your blog.