Image Map

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

My Comeback

Can you believe it's June already? I can't. May just seemed to fly by. In fact the whole first half of this year has just been flying by. Before this next month and the remaining half of the year are over it's time for me to make my comeback.

I let my vacation derail me from my weight loss and fitness goals. Jessi wrote a post all about making a comeback that I'm finally going to put into action. So here we go, I'm going to put Jessi's five steps for making a comeback into action right here so you all can help keep me accountable and when I'm doubting myself or feeling lazy I can come back here and remember everything I said I would do.

Step one: decide to succeed. Consider this blog post the contract that I am signing with myself that says "I WILL succeed. I CAN do this. I AM worth it."

Step two: Realize that you don't need a miracle, you just need a plan. So many times in the past I have thought I needed a miracle because there couldn't be any other way I could lose the weight. Or I was always thinking there would be this miracle moment {moving into my own place} when everything would just magically click with me. But thanks to Jessi and Carolyn I'm beginning to learn that it won't take a miracle. It only takes me making a plan and sticking to it. This is my plan: weekly goals, meal planning, workouts, no less than 64oz of water a day. It's not a very detailed plan at this point but it's the foundation that I can build on. Potentially I'll be getting a 7 Day Jumpstart from Jess at Operations Skinny Jeans which would include 7 days of coaching from her, a clean eating meal plan, daily emails that include encouragement, a workout and tips for staying on track, and a private Facebook group with other jump starters. I'll keep you posted on whether I'm chosen to try out this free trial which is starting soon.

Step three: toss the junk, introduce the healthy. I drank the last Mountain Dew that was in my apartment yesterday. I'm going to try my best to not keep it around in the apartment now to tempt me. All of the other food in my apartment is mostly healthy so I'd say I'm pretty set on tossing the junk.

Step four: enlist your helpers. All of you are my helpers. Tammy Jo, Carolyn, and Jessi especially are my helpers. These ladies are always there for me when I need some encouragement, words of wisdom, support, and just a friend to be there for me.

Step five: do it. I have everything in place now. Today begins the journey that I will be on for the rest of my life. This is not a just a journey just to reach my goal weight. This is journey to change my life to a healthy one. Now it's time to just do the damn thing. Watch out world. :)


I know this post has gotten pretty lengthy already but it's Wednesday so I've got to share my weigh in. And really it goes hand in hand with this post anyways. This is where I'm starting from...

SW: 207.7
Today's Weigh In: 204.6
Gain: 0.2
Overall Loss: 3.1

Fitnasty for Life

One more thing real quick before I end this post, three goals I'll be working towards achieving today through Sunday.

1. 100ozAday. I've slacked a lot with my water intake lately. No more. I need to be drinking water not empty calorie sugary beverages. I have yet to make 100oz happen on a Saturday or a Sunday but there's a first time for everything.

2. Two workouts. The weather forecast is looking gorgeous these next couple of days so I fully intend on taking advantage of it by getting outside and moving my body. I would like to make one of these workouts a run since it's been over a month since my last one. The second workout can be another run, a workout DVD, a walk...whatever. I just really want to get back on the fitness wagon any way that I can.

3. Make Santa Fe Chicken. I bought all of the ingredients to make Skinny Taste's Santa Fe Chicken but have been too lazy to make it yet. I don't know how much lazier I can be considering I make it in the crock pot and the most work comes from shredding the chicken after it's cooked. Must make real food this week!

Now I'm done. I swear. :)

post signature

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a great plan in place to begin your journey. Good luck with everything! You can do this! That Santa Fe Chicken sound wonderful. I'll have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! You're totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic plan there! You can do it! I'll have to check that Santa Fe Chicken out! I'm always on the prowl for more crock pot recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll love that Santa Fe chicken-- so so easy even for this lazy chef :) I think the biggest thing to remember is that YOU are in charge of your success, and success requires discipline. So things like "try my best not to keep mountain dew in the apartment" -- only YOU control what's in your apartment. Do not put it in the cart, and then it will not be a temptation to you at home! The success rate is 100% you will not drink Mountain Dew (or other temptations) at home if you don't buy them in the store :) Easier said than done, I know, but a big step in the right direction!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make that chicken, or something just like it all the time. I keep it in the fridge and put it on tacos or scrambled eggs. It's a great source of protein and the beans are a great addition. Lay off the cheese to make it slightly healthier even though it's so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great plan! I'm sure you'll do great and I look forward to reading more :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great plan. I'm trying to get 100 oz in too, and I'm finding it very difficult!

    aintnodramamama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck! You have a solid plan so you will definitely succeed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great steps on your come back! Keep posting your progress on the blog and I know you will succeed. I am very lazy when it come to making real food. I buy the prepackaged carrots because its too much effort to put them in a sandwich bag. I'm not sure you can get much lazier than that. I came over from the weight loss wednesday hop and I've added your blog to my bloglovin. Esther Norine Designs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a good post!!! :) I love this and I'm here for you, my dear!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my readers. I read every one and do my best to respond to you via email or on your blog.