Image Map

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Weekend Shenanigans

I'm finally getting around to posting about my weekend and I realized that not only did it take me longer than I wanted to get around to do this but I have no pictures from this weekend to share with you.  I don't know about you but I definitely enjoy being able to see a little bit of the weekend shenanigans as well as read about it them.

Anyways here we go!

Friday
After a long day at work I was more than ready to go out to dinner with my parents and grandparents.
I had my go-to drink, Cherry Dr. + Mountain Dew.
Coming out of the dinning area I spotted two lovely ladies I knew so I parked myself by them at the bar.
Then the dice box came out and we were teaching one of the ladies how to shake bar dice.  I don't even remember how many rounds we went.
Shooting stars were our shot of choice that night.  [Someone concocted them, not sure what's in them.]

And then trouble walked in the door.
But being in a good place [thank you alcohol] I ran right on over and said hello.
Actually, I ran right over and never looked back.  I parked my behind on a bar stool next to Trouble. [with a capital T]

When word got out that my parents were ready to leave soon I asked Trouble's friend if he would give me a ride home.  Once that was arranged I signaled in sign language across the bar that my parents could go whenever because I would find my own way home.

I was home and in bed before bar close and not even really buzzing.

Saturday
I slept until almost noon.
Then I threw myself together to head to town for some lunch, shopping, and a movie.
Dickey's is a new BBQ place in town so we thought we would try it out.  It was good.  Definitely was thinking about what I would get the next time I go there.

Next up Walmart.  Dear God I don't know why we went there on a Saturday.
Screaming kids everywhere!
Seriously, I lost it when some kid was screeching in the cart for no reason.

Fast & Furious 6 was amazing!!
Of course you know there is a 7th one to follow.  I can't wait.

While checking out at the grocery store I saw my supervisor from work.
I have no shame about turning around and ducking my head once I spotted him.
Once my mom was done checking out I made her walk between me and the check out lines and tried to hurry her along.
Trust me when I say this man and I have enough awkward going on at work already that we didn't need to add seeing each other outside of work to the mix.

Sunday
Being a bum was the name of the game Sunday for me.
I watched the NASCAR race, finished The Notebook [book], and baked some banana bread.
Before heading to bed I watched Trouble With the Curve.  Great movie.  Loved it!

And then I went to bed teary-eyed knowing my work week was a full 5 days and that the weekend was over.
It never lasts long enough in my opinion.

I'll try to be a better blogger going forward and take some pictures!
Sami's Shenanigans

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my readers. I read every one and do my best to respond to you via email or on your blog.