Image Map

Monday, April 8, 2013

Weekend Shenanigans

I would say happy Monday but let’s be honest, no one is really happy that it’s Monday.  I know I’m not.  Especially when I found out it was raining this morning which means it’s the perfect day to lay on the couch under a blanket with a good book or movie.

To add fuel to my Monday hating fire only about the first 30 minutes of work were really busy.  Since then I’ve been checking Twitter and reading up on some blogs on my phone.  Thanks to all of the blog reading I was doing I saw everyone posting about their weekend shenanigans and decided I wanted to join in on the party.  So here we go!



Friday after work I went to Phil’s Round 2 with my parents for a fish fry {it’s a Wisconsin thing ;) }.  It had been 2 weeks since I had their fish so I was especially excited about going.  The whole meal is just amazing; from the coleslaw to the fish, to the beer battered French fries!

Coleslaw gone, Fries hiding under the fish :)
Saturday morning I woke up to fresh snow on the ground.  Despite the fresh snow on the ground it was time to pick up flea and tick medicine for Bo to help prevent him from getting any as it warms up and through the summer so my parents and I left earlier than normal for our chiropractor appointment in Antigo to make a pit stop in Birnamwood to visit the vet’s office.  We also traded in our empty case of glass bottles of Sun Drop at the grocery store there for a new full case.

Mom and I had chiropractor appointments at 9am but thanks to our pit stop in Birnamwood being so quick and the roads not being terrible we arrived early for our appointments so we were adjusted and out of there before 9am.  Since we were in town we stopped at Wal-Mart for a few things.  I ended up picking up some makeup removing cloths, a file organizer for work (which I forgot to bring with me today), Venus razor refills (those suckers are expensive!), and Breaking Dawn Part 2 on DVD.

We hit up the grocery store next.  I added a few things to the cart like Skinny Cow ice-cream bars, frozen meals I can microwave for work, minced garlic, and Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb seasoning.  Those last two items I was most excited about because I would be making Garlic & Herb Beer Bread with them once I was home.

Our final stop was Fleet Farm for a new collar for Bo.  The one he had was beginning to fall apart.  We went from blaze orange with a reflective strip to red.  There’s something about a red collar on a black dog that just looks sharp if you ask me.

The first thing I did when we got home was start baking my beer bread.  I got the recipe from Jen who blogs over at That’s What She Read {Go check it out, it's awesome!}.  I didn’t follow her recipe exactly because when I was mixing everything together I was following the original recipe for plain beer bread and I wasn't paying attention didn’t realize that for the Garlic & Herb Beer Bread it changes slightly.  Everything still turned out pretty darn tasty though so I would say it was a success!
Garlic & Herb Beer Bread
A lot of lounging around the house watching TV or reading HP #2 occurred after that until I made a last minute decision around 8:30 to go to Homestead to see a band (Tuscan Road) play.  I knew the band would be playing weeks prior but I hadn’t fully committed to going until that night.  I decided I would go without specific plans to meet anyone there.  I figured I would know at least some one there, and I was right.

It wasn’t the most fun I’ve had on a night out but it wasn’t the worst either.  After stopping at one other bar with some friends I called it a night and was home by 2am.  Bo even came to snuggle in bed with me for a little while which was nice.  He used to sleep with  me every night when he was younger {HA! I say that as if he's old, he's only 2!} but then I think he changed his mind about that arrangement after I went out a couple of nights and wasn’t around for him to go to bed with.  He now sleeps with my parents every night.

Sunday was a beautiful day as far as weather went but my yard was a mess thanks to all the melting snow and rain we had gotten the day before {yup, it snowed in the morning and was raining in the afternoon, wonderful Wisconsin weather}.  I took advantage of the nice weather and cleaned out my car.  My mom volunteered to vacuum my car for me which I was grateful for since that’s my least favorite part of cleaning a car.  My car is now ready for someone to buy.

My mom got a new vehicle {GMC Terrain} a couple of weeks ago so we’re selling the car I’ve been driving since I was 16 and I am driving the car that was my mom’s until I buy a new vehicle of my own.

I also did some much needed laundry.  It seems as though the laundry fairy skipped my house a week or two so I was in desperate need of doing laundry.  I meant to do some other chores around the house but I was lazy time got away from me so that didn’t happen.

I ended the weekend on a great note watching the Academy of Country Music Awards (ACM).  The first hour or so was awesome because Chelsea was texting me throughout.  But with her being on the East Coast she called it a night before they were over so I lost my texting buddy.  It was through our texting conversation that our friendship was once again solidified {not that it needed it!} because we would be thinking the same thing about so much of what was going on during the ACMs.  It’s almost scary how much we’re alike.
Only BFFs can have this kind of conversation :)
My man Jason Aldean won Male Vocalist of the Year (Go Jason!) and my other man Luke Bryan won Entertainer of the Year (Yay Luke!) so it was a great night.

What were you up to this weekend?

1 comment:

  1. Hahah, alright your text convo had me cracking up! Pretty sure it was similar to the convos I was having with my friends. I also feel your pain about Wisconsin weather, Indiana is almost just as bad. Most annoying thing on the planet sometimes!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my readers. I read every one and do my best to respond to you via email or on your blog.