Image Map

Monday, April 29, 2013

Weekend Shenanigans


If you didn't guess by the huge button up there I'm linking up with Sami to share my weekend shenanigans.

Sadly I don't have a bunch of pictures from my weekend to sum it all up for you so my words will have to do.

Friday night after work I met up with my parents, brother, uncle and his girlfriend to eat dinner.  Fish Fry Friday = fish for me.  It was delicious as always.  And mmm, those twice baked potatoes were amazing!

I ran into some friends in the bar area and since I had my own car (I came straight from work) I ended up hanging out until about 12:45am.  An unexpected late night but sometimes unexpected is a good thing.

Saturday my mom, brother, and I hit up town to do a little shopping.  I wanted to get The Sims 3 for the Wii, which I did.  {Highly addicting FYI!}  We also got a new DirecTV remote since the one upstairs is a bit touchy with the 2, 6, and 9 button {all buttons we use a lot}.

My mom and I some how managed to convince my brother to let us eat lunch at Olive Garden.  He had steak and potatoes but the seasoning wasn't his thing.  I told him I wouldn't ever make him go there again since he was nice enough to try it.  {My mom & I are the only ones who really like what's offered there so we don't get to eat there as often as we like since more often than not it's not just the two of us in town.}

As I mentioned before The Sims is highly addicting so you can guess where I was all afternoon and evening.  I surfaced from the basement only to eat dinner.  Well that is until I decided to go out.  My friend Lauren bar tends so I stopped by for a drink before checking out another bar where a friend was DJ-ing/running karaoke   It ended up being pretty quiet there so I headed back to the bar Lauren works at for one more drink before calling it a night.

Sunday I slept until noon, something I haven't done in a long time.  I meant to read but never got around to it because I was hooked on watching Alpha Dogs on Animal Planet.  Then of course we found a Duck Dynasty marathon on so we had to watch that.  I am fairly confident I have seen all of the episodes from season 2 at least twice now.

And as always I went to bed wondering where the weekend went.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

Do you ever get hooked on TV show marathons or video games so you're sitting for hours watching/playing?

1 comment:

  1. Duck Dynasty is my guilty pleasure! Love that show, Jack! Sounds like a fun weekend though! Relaxing! Which makes me a little jealous, hah!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my readers. I read every one and do my best to respond to you via email or on your blog.