Image Map

Saturday, January 19, 2013

God Bless Outlaws Like Me

One of my absolute favorite FAVORITE country artists is Justin Moore.  I thank my lucky stars that I have seen him in concert twice now. The first being at Country Fest in 2011 (after I turned 21!) and more recently in October 2012 at the Resch Center in Green Bay (which I wrote about here).  Being one of my favorite artists I wanted to share some of his music with you like I did with Kip Moore.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Mmm...mmm...mmm
While I had heard Justin's music on the radio prior to seeing him at Country Fest it wasn't until I saw him perform that I fell in love.  Shortly after Country Fest Justin released his second album which I purchased on iTunes immediately and just fell even harder.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

One story I want to share with you is about his song "If Heaven Wasn't So Far Away".  In 2011 our family dog Duke became sick and we needed to put him to sleep so he wouldn't suffer any more.  We did this the day before his 10th birthday, a week before my 21st, and two weeks before Country Fest.  On our last drive home with Duke from the vet (after putting him to sleep) Justin's song "If Heaven Wasn't So Far Away" came on the radio and touched a place in my heart in ways it hadn't before.  In particular, these lyrics:

"If heaven wasn't so far away
I'd hug all three of those girls we lost from the class of '99
And I'd find my bird dog Bo and take him huntin' one more time."

Hearing Justin sing that song live got to me again at Country Fest and I had tears running down my face as I sang along.  I mentioned in my recap of the concert in Green Bay I lost it again there.  While those lyrics mean the most to me the whole song is awesome and I think everyone can find a way to relate.  Here's the video for it, which I love as well (of course).



I think I might need to move to the south because I absolutely love Justin's southern drawl.  And if I can find me a man that's like what is described in Justin's songs I would be a happy woman. ;)  I'll let the music (and videos) speak for themselves though.



Be sure to check him out the next time you want to some good country music.  His albums are titled Justin Moore and Outlaws Like Me.  I will leave you with some of my favorite lyrics (maybe of all time) from "Outlaws Like Me".

"I curse the sun, I pray for rain
I’d run a mile to walk through pain
I’ve seen the worst and I’ve seen the best that I can be
God bless outlaws like me"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my readers. I read every one and do my best to respond to you via email or on your blog.