Image Map

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Weight Loss Wednesday - 1/16/13

Start Date: 1/3/13

Today’s Date: 1/16/13

Weight Lost/Gained This Week: +0.7

Total Weight Loss: 0.2

Week Successes: I have been doing an excellent job of eating breakfast and tracking it (using MyFitnessPal).  Breakfast is such an important meal and I am making sure I eat it every day, something to be proud of considering I didn't always eat breakfast.  I seemed to think in high school that it was okay to not eat breakfast and just drink a Mountain Dew.  Even in college I sometimes didn't eat breakfast.  Because of my hours at work (10a-6p) I have plenty of time to make and eat breakfast every morning.  And you know what?  I am loving it!  I feel better when I eat breakfast and it leads to better decisions during the day.

Week Struggles: I am still struggling with getting back to the gym (or being active period).  I am really enjoying the time in the morning to read blogs, make sure everything is okay with my own, and just be a bum in bed.  If I want to continue doing that I can just set my alarm a little earlier or I can just do all of my blog work at night/on the weekend because let's be honest here, I LOVE sleeping in later.

Lessons Learned: Dinner and desserts do matter!  Not that I am contributing all of my weight gain this week to the dinner and dessert I had last night before bed but it certainly was part of it (along with not working out).  I am doing really well making good choices for breakfast and lunch (because I am in charge of it) but once dinner rolls around I'm not the one cooking or even deciding what to make.  I always think this whole weight loss thing would be easier if I lived on my own.  But honestly I cannot wait to be living on my own to lose this weight.  And guess what?  I am in charge of what goes into my mouth!  I can do a better job managing my portion sizes and saying no to desserts (not always but most of the time).

Goals for Next Week: I am going to carry over my goal from last week since I didn't really make any progress on it, be more active!  Whether it is walking Bo after dinner or hitting the gym in the morning before work I need to be more active.  My job is really sedentary so I have to rely on workouts to burn calories.

Talk to me...


What was your struggle, success or lesson learned this week? (Weight loss related or whatever you choose.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my readers. I read every one and do my best to respond to you via email or on your blog.