Image Map

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Weight Loss Wednesday - 1/9/13

Start Date: 1/3/13

Today's Date: 1/9/13

Weight Loss: 0.9 (Almost a pound!)

Week Successes: My success for the week is that I cut my Mountain Dew consumption down to one 12 oz can a day rather than two (or more).  The one exception was one day last week I had one 20 fl oz bottle of Mountain Dew rather than a can.  I have also been drinking at least 3 glasses of water every day, including the weekend which is huge for me.

Week Struggles: I have been struggling with getting over the hump of getting back to the gym.  I've mentioned before how I have been paying for a gym membership that I haven't been using.  I shouldn't be giving away my money, especially when I need to be paying off my student loans and trying to save money.  I need to make my gym membership worth it.

Lessons Learned: The lesson I learned this week is that I can do whatever I put my mind to.  Drink less soda, did that.  Drink water, doing that.  So to get back to the gym all I need to do is take the time to prepare my bags and lay out (or sleep in) my gym clothes so in the morning there isn't much to do but roll out of bed and hit the road.  Something else I'm struggling with is getting up when my alarm goes off.  Need to put my mind to do that so I can't use over sleeping as an excuse for why I can't go to the gym before work.

Goals for Next Week: My goal for the upcoming week is to be more active!  While I'm not perfect when it comes to nutrition (who is?) I feel like I'm doing OK, or at least better than I have been in the past so now it's time to start being more active.  Monday I took Bo for a walk.  Last night I didn't do much because I really wanted to watch NCIS and I don't get home much before 7pm now with my new 30 minute commute from work.  But whether it's walking Bo or hitting the gym (or both?!) I will be more active this week.

To wrap this up I wanted to recommend a Kip Moore song for you all to check out.  Totally can't believe I forgot about it when I wrote up the Somethin' Bout a Truck post!  This to me is the perfect song for those times when we don't feel like being adults, maybe drinking a little too much one night and regretting it the next day. ;)

"Reckless" from the album Up All Night





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my readers. I read every one and do my best to respond to you via email or on your blog.